onsdag 22 juli 2009

33. It's hard to look back when you're all alone.


Last april, the 5th at 1.33 pm


You can hear childrens laughter in the background.
They are still wearing their wintercoats and the snow has just fallen all over their city.
She brings him to a park and now he´s being chased by little kids, lauging and kidding around, like he used to do. The kids finally trip him and he
falls down on his majestic back as she runs up to him in her beige winterboots and used-up jeans.

-
I am in love with you.
(I am so freaking unbelivably breathtakingly in love with you,
you´re all I think about everyday all day for the last couple of months and the fact that
I couldn´t tell you has been breaking my heart ever since, but I don´t care, I don´t care if my heart is shredded to pieces cause this feeling is all I have left now, it has become part of me.)

He says it with no warning, no fireworks in the sky and no orchestra of lovesongs.
They are just two overgrown kids in a sandbox and she is standing beside him listening to his heartbeats and making sure that he´s not hurt.

-”Don´t say it if you don´t mean it. You don´t have to say it, you know. I´m fine anyhow.”
A lie.

-I know I don´t have to say it and that´s why I am saying it. I am in love with you and I want you to love me back, even if it´s just a little bit. No, wait, I take it back, I want you to love me more than a little bit, and I won´t take no for an answer!

-I am in love with you too, sissy.

Good, he said.
Yeah, she agreed.

They layed there for some seconds, minutes, hours, days, she can´t recall he can´t remember when they´re laying there in an icecold sandbox watching the snowflakes fall to melt on the ground.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar