fredag 14 augusti 2009

45. I belive in anything that brings you back, hauting me.

The park was empty of people and the clouds had turned darker above her head.
He was there, sitting in his Shins t-shirt watching the ducks give him sympathetic looks.

She sat down beside him and even though they had not met for months there was no need for introductions, hugs, kisses or something in particular to be said or done.
Even so he looked at her feet beside his and started to talk.

-When I came back this fall, I walked by the sewar, you know, where the water from the big bridge ends up before running out into the ocean?

-Yes.

- It was the oddest thing I´ve seen.
There were about fourhundred postcards in a bunch, cloging the water.


- Fivehundred. Fivehundred eighty-nine postcards.

- I figured it was you.

- You are correct then, mister.

- I´m sorry.

- It´s ok.

And it was. It takes time to neautralize a person you have felt almost every feeling towards.
But time makes you forget and it makes you realize what was real and what was not.
They were real, but in a way that legos are real for a 4-year old kid.
It´s more magical from the inside, at that time in your life.
Afterwards you see the scraps, the bad parts aswell as the good.

- How´s your girl nowadays? , she asked sincerly.

-I don´t think she´s my girl anymore, she never calls or anything.

- Yeah, I know the feeling. Sometimes people just stop. I belive that it goes in cycles.

Ouch, message recieved. I know that I was a jerk, and I´m sorry for it. I just. can´t.

- I know. It´s ok. You grow out of it, life goes on, you forget.

- Maybe you do.

- Yes.

- But I´ll never forget you. Or grow out of love for you. Don´t you know that you´re my first?
First love that is. You never forget your first love.


- You don´t?

- You do?

- I think I just did.



She was free.
And it did´nt hurt, she did not feel empty or ashamed or embarrased of the words that had just came out of her mouth. She did not feel regret or sorrow, nor for her or for him. She knew that she was in his mind aswell. That was enough.

- Will you forget about me completely?

- Your silence makes it impossible to forget you completely, babe.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar