tisdag 9 juni 2009

15. I wish that without me you´d be spending the rest of your nights awake.


My room was filled with the memories of you,
I layed alone in my bed and I remembered that night when you sat on the bedside, reading my books. When we hardly knew each other, when we first had met. And I would look at your brown hair falling in front of your eyes, your chin that trembled as you knew that you where being observed.
Now I was alone in my room, running my fingers up and down my sheets, watched how the white fabric ran thru my manicured hands. I looked out the window and remembered that night you stood outside with the stereo on full blast playing our favorite song and singing along until my neighbours got up and yelled at you from every single window in the building.
The dogs yelled, the babies cried and the old ladies screamed, and I lauged and I lauged and you smiled and just continued to sing.

Now my window was empty and when I looked outside the dogs would not yell, the babies were sound asleep and the old ladies just watched their soaps. My neigbourhood was quiet without you and I had been with you for so long that I had forgotten what I used to do without you.


You stopped calling.

I did not think of it much. I was occupied with everyday life and I assumed you were aswell.
And the next night, and the night after that and the night after that I could not sleep until sunrise and the small strings of light touched my window. I could not sleep because the silence was too loud. It kept me awake. I tried to wisper some imaginary words to you, but I never heard any back. My phone kept not running out of battery and that made me sick. I had gone from happy to desperate. I needed you, you where my sleepingpills. Or my pills to survive.
You had me addicted and now I was forced to quit cold turkey.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar