söndag 24 maj 2009

7. The nursery rhymes that helped us out in making sense of our lives.


He took my shaking but very well-cleaned hands and braided them into his.
And there we stood, in the middle of the night, slowdancing to one of the most beautiful and depressing songs in the world.
Then I knew that I was happy.
I had always thought I was.
Not every day, but there was just moments in life when I knew.
Like when I went on a roller-coaster for the first time.
Or my first kiss.
Or when I realized that the ducks understood my sympathy.
I coul'nt be apathetic.
I could not be bitter about life.
I told him not to be either.
Life gives us so much, and we try for as long as we live to just give a little bit back.
But we can't. Every day is a gift, and we get to wake up with the worlds greatest gift every day.
Some get less and some get more of them. That's how it is. That's just how it is.
He agreed. I could see some sceptisism in his eyes still.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar