torsdag 21 maj 2009

4. allow myself no mock defense.

I can't really recall what we talked about for the rest of the time we sat there.
I remember something about that we had a proper introduction. We said all the info on ourselves. How old we were, where we lived, what music we liked. But not our names. We got stuck with codenames. I'm careful and I guess he was just trying to be mystical.
I called him Saint Simon. I want to think that that was his real name, because the more I think about it, he looked like a Simon, he talked like a Simon. For me, he would always be Simon.
As we were so alike, I just took for granted that he was, as me, almost saint-like in behaviour.
For a boy in my age, that´s a lot. So he got stuck with being Saint Simon.

He on the other hand, wanted to call me Braff, just for the comic releif.
Then I threatend once again to introduce him to the ducks a little closer than he wanted to.
Our passion for music made him invent another name, La.
For one, it was secretly the first two letters of my actual name.
also, he would always think of me as he sang: "la-la-la-la".

It was all so silly. But we loved it.

Every time my mother made stew I would run to the park, pass the bench with all of the judging people, and run up to the woodenbridge and say hi to the ducks.

And after a little while he would come and we would sit there.
Talking about The Shins and life.
Which for him, was almost the same thing.
I would make my mom cook stew every time I could. And I ate it, all of it.

2 kommentarer:

  1. So, I'm confused. But c'est chuette! The Shins kick ass and stuff, so it's cool...

    SvaraRadera